On the first page of RC Willey's ad today was this. I found it somewhat funny and a little bit sad. Free bread and milk! Are you serious? What about the free ipad or some other cool electronic gadget? I seem to remember incentives used to be something that was really cool but probably something I really didn't need. Bread and milk seem to be way too practical to get me all that excited about purchasing a new $1300 fridge. Don't get me wrong...if someone offered me a a year supply of bread and milk for free I'd take it. Nothing is better than free stuff. I guess these are signs of the economic times though. People look to be more practical and pragmatic. Even as poor as I am I think I'd still want a shopping spree or an ipod more than bread and milk. RC Wiley, you have way overestimated my practicality!
"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -- Abraham Lincoln
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
RC Wiley, here I come!.....NOT!
On the first page of RC Willey's ad today was this. I found it somewhat funny and a little bit sad. Free bread and milk! Are you serious? What about the free ipad or some other cool electronic gadget? I seem to remember incentives used to be something that was really cool but probably something I really didn't need. Bread and milk seem to be way too practical to get me all that excited about purchasing a new $1300 fridge. Don't get me wrong...if someone offered me a a year supply of bread and milk for free I'd take it. Nothing is better than free stuff. I guess these are signs of the economic times though. People look to be more practical and pragmatic. Even as poor as I am I think I'd still want a shopping spree or an ipod more than bread and milk. RC Wiley, you have way overestimated my practicality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment