For those of you who don't know, I have a dog named Nacho. I got him almost a year ago as a puppy and since that time he has become an important part of our family. I never knew you could love a dog so much until raising him and becoming so attached. If I love a dog this much, I can only imagine how parents feel about children. I sometimes call him a "special dog". He certainly hasn't learned all the manners of a well trained dog. If you come over to visit he will likely jump all over you and lick you all over until he finally calms down. He thinks he is a lap dog (although he weighs quite a bit) and will try to sit on your lap no matter where you are. Although he is incredibly hyperactive, ill-mannered, and requires lots of attention, I can't help but to absolutely love him! He just turned 1 year old and so I decided to throw a birthday party for him. Jesus invited some of his friends who are always looking for an excuse to get together and have a party and I got really into the party planning. I made him his own birthday cake (made with all dog safe ingredients and frosted it with cream cheese and mustard). I made a pinata and filled it with dog treats and bought him a few new chew toys. We invited other dogs because Nacho is definitely an extrovert and loves to play with other dogs; however, only one other dog showed. This was still enough for Nacho and I think he loved all the birthday attention. We had carne asada and I made a fruit pizza for all the other non-canine guests.
"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -- Abraham Lincoln
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Happy Birthday NACHO!
For those of you who don't know, I have a dog named Nacho. I got him almost a year ago as a puppy and since that time he has become an important part of our family. I never knew you could love a dog so much until raising him and becoming so attached. If I love a dog this much, I can only imagine how parents feel about children. I sometimes call him a "special dog". He certainly hasn't learned all the manners of a well trained dog. If you come over to visit he will likely jump all over you and lick you all over until he finally calms down. He thinks he is a lap dog (although he weighs quite a bit) and will try to sit on your lap no matter where you are. Although he is incredibly hyperactive, ill-mannered, and requires lots of attention, I can't help but to absolutely love him! He just turned 1 year old and so I decided to throw a birthday party for him. Jesus invited some of his friends who are always looking for an excuse to get together and have a party and I got really into the party planning. I made him his own birthday cake (made with all dog safe ingredients and frosted it with cream cheese and mustard). I made a pinata and filled it with dog treats and bought him a few new chew toys. We invited other dogs because Nacho is definitely an extrovert and loves to play with other dogs; however, only one other dog showed. This was still enough for Nacho and I think he loved all the birthday attention. We had carne asada and I made a fruit pizza for all the other non-canine guests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jenny, I'm so happy you got a blog!!! I can't wait to start following it. Looks like you've had a fun month. Happy Birthday to you and Nacho!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jenny, Looks like Nacho had a great birthday. When I threw a party for my dogs I bought a doggie cake, your going to have to share your doggie cake recipe with me. I miss you here at Sunrise and the Residents still ask for that crazy Nacho.
ReplyDelete~Jessica