Its been a long time since I put much effort into celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Most of the time Jesus and I would celebrate by going out to dinner and my gifts were usually things that Jesus had bought and then we came to agreement that the soccer jersey that he just bought, for example, was his birthday present. Lame right? I always used to do really thoughtful things for Jesus when we were dating and thinking that thoughtful things shouldn't stop after the dating years, I tried to think of something different I could do this year. I looked through our photos and remembered all of the things we have done here in Provo. Instead of just giving Jesus his birthday present this year, I decided he would go through a scavenger hunt to find it. Each clue directed him to a place that had some significance to us. I sent him to 8 different places around Provo including, DI, BYU Dinosaur museum, the cannon center, outdoors unlimited, tennis courts, our old apartment, and a few parks we used to spend time in. I went along with him in case any the clues really stumped him and he needed help. It went fairly well; however Jesus found it somewhat embarrasing to go up to the cashiers and say, "Hello, my name is Jesus, do you have an envelope for me?" They would smile or laugh and hand him the envelope with the next clue in it. At the end I gave him some photos of these places which we have memories of and of course his present! It was literally a trip down memory lane and the whole time I felt giddy. It was fun for both of us and a little different from going out to eat.



No comments:
Post a Comment