Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm a hat making fool!




Back in November at a church enrichment activity I learned how to knit hats using a knitting loom. This was probably a dangerous thing to teach me at the time. I had recently become unemployed, had a lot more extra time on my hands, and also have obsessive tendencies. Knitting became my new fixation. The whole month of December I became a hat making fool. My family can probably attest to the fact that they rarely saw me without some yarn and loom in hand. With great determination I could usually whip up a hat, start to finish, in three hours. Granted by the end of the three hours my thumb would be red and almost blistered but I had a finished product! I bet you'd never guess what my family got for Christmas :) Anyways I've taken a break from my hat making as I did not set out to get carpal tunneling by 2012. I got so caught up in making the hats and feeling so crafty that I forgot that I rarely even wear hats :) Oh well...they are fun to make. The looms costs about $12 at Walmart and they are surprising easy to use if anybody else wants to pick up a new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment